Foran Financial Group’s story is all about family.
Dan Foran, Founder, was drawn to the industry when he found his mother struggling with managing the family’s finances after his father passed away. He saw that most of the advisors his mother spoke to offered product-based solutions, not real advice. It was then that he jumped in and successfully helped navigate the complexities of their estate.
Based on this experience, he saw a need to provide a true advisory practice to families, one based on real advice, not sales. That led to his work as an advisor, then later, the founding of Foran Financial Group.
At his new practice, Dan initially specialized in retirement planning. His goal for clients was to provide a clear financial road map, so they could simplify their lives and achieve their goals.
Later, Dan’s son, John, and daughter, Jessica joined the practice. It was not a big surprise since they had basically grown up in the business. Early on they helped by stuffing envelopes and other small tasks….today they are both credentialed advisors who help clients, too.
Along the way, other valuable staff members joined. While not all of these are family by blood, they more importantly all share Dan’s passion for providing unbiased advice and highly personalized services to each client.
Foran Financial Group’s efforts are supported by Raymond James, a values-driven and conservative firm just like theirs. Together, they bring clients a high caliber of services and expertise. (Learn more about Raymond James below.)
With over three decades of investment management and financial market experience, we hope to help bring you and your family the personalized service you deserve.
About Raymond James
Just as every organization has a culture that guides their operations, ours isn’t any different. However, our unique culture gives each of our financial advisors the freedom to carefully tailor and implement long term plans to achieve your financial goals.
Bob James was just like everyone out there looking to be financial free. In 1962, he set out to build a different kind of financial services firm – one that is focused on long-term planning instead of simply placing trades. He sought to build a financial firm that will stay resolute regardless of the highs and lows that the market brings. He thought of a financial firm where clients’ and advisors come first – and now, after more than 50 years; Bob’s idea of a financial firm has remained one of the leading independent financial service companies in the United States.
A Brief History
- 1962: Robert A. James Investments was merged with Raymond & Associates to form Raymond James.
- 1983: Raymond James was listed on the New York Stock Exchange, symbol RJF.
- 2008: Raymond James was recognized as one of the few financial firms which remained stable and profitable despite economic downturn.
- 2012: Raymond James and Morgan Keegan were merged to form what is recognized today as one of largest independent full-service wealth management and investment banking firms not headquartered on Wall Street.
- 2013: Raymond James reaches a milestone of 100th consecutive quarter of profitability.
As a company, we have grown from our years of humble beginnings into a reputable financial firm that can compete on all fronts with the big guns in the industry. Today, we are a widely recognized multinational firm with distinct business units that serve a variety of clients, from individuals and small business owners to municipalities and major corporations.
October 19, 1987: Black Monday. October 1984 was a defining year for many financial firms. While a lot of financial firms closed their trading desks no thanks to the overwhelming internal losses, Raymond James kept its desks open to meet clients’ needs. This is because of our organization’s based business model and commitment to client service. Trust us when we say this was our first and only unprofitable quarter since the firm went public.
We can be sure that the markets will change over the next 25 years, but what won’t change about us is our commitment to the values that have driven us this far.
By the Numbers*
- 125 consecutive quarters of profitability (1)
- Approximately 7,-900 financial advisors
- Locations throughout the United States, Canada and overseas
- Approximately $796 billion in total client assets
Over the last 50 years, we have always valued the privilege of helping our clients to achieve their goals while giving back to our community. Our desire is to continue fulfilling these obligations for as long as possible. Explore more of our history at RAYMONDJAMES.COM.
*As of 3/31/2019
(1) Past performance is not indicative of future results. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a solicitation to buy or sell Raymond James Financial stock.