Daniel Foran, CFP®, CFS®
President And Founder
Seeing our clients work towards pursuing their goals is a magical thing. I’m very fortunate that I get to share that experience with people so frequently.
Daniel Foran, President, and founder of Foran Financial Group is a respected industry leader and educator with over 30 years of experience in financial management. He specializes in retirement planning and income distribution.
After Dan’s father passed away, he was drawn to the industry when he successfully managed his family’s finances while navigating the complexities of their estate. He pursued an economics degree and career in finance that he still has a passion for today. Specializing in retirement planning, Dan’s goals for his clients are to provide a financial road map and simplify their lives.
Trustworthy and loyal are important qualities to Dan, who earned his CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification from the College for Financial Planning in 1987. He is also a Certified Fund Specialist (CFS®) and an active member of the Financial Planning Association (FPA).
A strong advocate for financial education, Dan believes it’s critical that clients fully understand the investment choices and strategies available to them. He is an instructor with the Financial Educators Network, teaching Retirement Planning Today™ with a focus on both life and retirement planning education at Raritan Valley Community College. As an instructor of the Financial Educators Network, Dan has the support and resources of a network of instructors teaching classes through over 250 educational institutions nationwide. In addition, Dan is a guest lecturer at The Rutgers School of Business for their Financial Planning Course.
Dan attended Hartwick College in New York after being awarded a four-year basketball scholarship. During his college career, Dan led his team to four consecutive NCAA Eastern Regionals and graduated with a bachelor’s degree in economics in 1979. He began his financial services career in 1982, the same year he and his wife, Alix, were married. They have two grown children, John and Jessica. John is a wealth advisor with Foran Financial Group, providing continuity for the firm’s clients across multiple generations.
Originally from Waldwick, New Jersey, Dan lives in Spring Lake and enjoys spending time with his family, playing basketball, making wine, wind-surfing, and reading when he’s not working or teaching. Much of his free time has been spent coaching school and community athletic programs, enabling him to combine a love of sports with his passion for community service.
PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS, MEMBERSHIPS, AND AWARDS
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- Certified Fund Specialist (CFS®)
- Previous Manager, Office of Supervisory Jurisdiction
- Series 7, 24 and 63 registered financial professional with LPL Financial
- Series 31 held through National Futures Association
- Instructor, Financial Educators Network
- Member, National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA)
- Member, Somerset County Business Partnership (SCBP)
- Anne’s of Raritan athletic board member
- Anne’s of Raritan basketball coach
- AAU Elite basketball coach
- Clinton Township travel basketball coach
- Community Athletics baseball coach
- Community Athletics soccer coach
- Community Athletics basketball coach
- Financial sponsor to various charities
- Member of St. Catherine’s Roman Catholic Church
CFP® | Certified Financial Planner™ |
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc., owns the certification marks above, which it awards to individuals who successfully complete initial and ongoing certification requirements.